Dr. Margaret Faul Women in Chemistry Award 2021: Call for Nominations
Thieme Chemistry and the Editors of Science of Synthesis announce the Margaret Faul Women in Chemistry Prize 2021.
- The prize is awarded to a young woman of any nationality within the first 15 years of her independent career in chemical research.
- The prize will be awarded in recognition of the candidate’s outstanding achievements in organic chemistry, broadly defined to include medicinal, biological, organometallic, or materials chemistry, and related areas.
- The prize includes an award of € 5,000.
Proposals must be accompanied by:
- a resume or CV of the nominee
- a list of the candidate’s most significant publications (up to 10)
- a statement describing the candidate’s work and its importance (up to 3 pages)
- a short citation summarizing the candidate’s achievements (1-2 sentences)
The material will be confidentially forwarded to an independent selection committee. Self-nomination is not permitted.
Nomination materials should be submitted by e-mail to Dr. Marcus White (E-Mail) until December 11, 2020.
Selection Committee Chairs
Dr. Margaret Faul
Amgen Inc. | CA, USA
Prof. Dr. Alois Fürstner
Max-Planck-Institut für Kohlenforschung | Mülheim, Germany
The second Dr. Margaret Faul Women in Chemistry Award Ceremony and Lecture will be held at the European Symposium on Organic Chemistry in Ghent (Belgium), which takes place from July 11-15, 2021.
Dr. Marcus White Send E-Mail For further information and nominations please contact Dr. Marcus White.