Thieme-IUPAC Prize 2020
Call for Nominations for the 15th Thieme-IUPAC Prize
Thieme Chemistry, IUPAC, and the Editors of SYNTHESIS, SYNLETT, SYNFACTS, and Science of Synthesis announce the Thieme-IUPAC Prize for 2020. This award is presented every two years on the occasion of the International Union of Pure and Applied Chemistry – International Conference on Organic Synthesis (IUPAC–ICOS). It includes an award of €5,000.
- The prize is awarded to a scientist who must be under 40 years of age as of January 1 of the year in which the prize is awarded.
- The candidate’s research must have had a major impact in synthetic organic chemistry.
- The prize will be awarded based on scientific merit for independent research dealing with synthesis in the broadest context of organic chemistry, including organometallic chemistry, medicinal and biological chemistry.
Proposals must be accompanied by:
- a biographical sketch of the nominee
- a list of the candidate’s ten most significant publications
- a statement of how the candidate’s research has had a major impact on the field of synthetic organic chemistry
Nomination materials should be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com by December 6, 2019.
The Thieme-IUPAC Prize ceremony will be held at the ICOS 2020 in Shanghai (China).
Thieme Chemistry For any additional information regarding the Thieme–IUPAC Prize please contact Dr. Marcus White send E-Mail